The following is a list of projects (showing the project title and the lead PI and institution) funded under the National Oceanographic Partnership Program (NOPP) in FY2001. Discussions on the contractual details of each award were initiated at the appropriate funding agency.
For abstracts of each project and the partnerships involved, click on the project title.
Topic 1. Achieve and Sustain an Integrated Ocean Observing System (IOOS)
- Establishing a NOAA Operational Data Center for Surface Currents Derived from Satellite Altimeters and Scatterometers.
PI: G. Lagerloef, Earth & Space Research (FY01)
- An Innovative Coastal-Ocean Observing Network (ICON)
PI: J. Paduan, Naval Postgraduate School (FY98, renewed FY01)
- Real-Time Forecasting System of Winds, Waves and Surge in Tropical Cyclones.
PI: H. Graber, University of Miami (FY01)
- Scatterometer-Derived Operational Winds, Surface Pressures, and Rainfall.
PI: J. O’Brien, Florida State University (FY01)
- Oceanographic and Fishieries Data Collection and Telemetry from Commercial Fishing Vessels.
PI: A. Bucklin, New Hampshire Sea Grant Program (FY01)
- Ocean Acoustic Obeservatory Federation – Renewal.
PI: C. de Groot-Hedlin, Scripps Institution of Oceanograhy(FY01)
- Renewal of South Atlantic Bight Synoptic Offshore Observational Network (SABSOON).
PI: J. Nelson, Skidaway Institute of Oceanography(FY01)
- Completion and Field Demonstration of a Portable Coastal Observatory.
PI: D. Frye, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution(FY01)
- A Renewal of the Oceans-Systems for Chemical, Optical and Physical Experiments Program (O-SCOPE).
PI: T. Dickey, University of California at Santa Barbara(FY01)
Topic 3. Modernize ocean infrastructure and enhance technology development.
- Observational Technique Development – Float Technology Development.
PI: S. Riser, University of Washington (FY01)
- Long-Term Surface Salinity Measurements.
PI: R. Schmitt, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (FY01)
- A Partnership for Modeling the Marine Environment of Puget Sound, Washington
PI: M. Kawase, University of Washington (FY01)
- Planning for a National Community Sediment Transport Model.
PI: C. Sherwood, US Geological Survey (FY01)
- Autonomous Profilers for Carbon-System and Biological Observations
PI: J. Bishop, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (FY01)
- PARADIGM: The Partnership for Advancing Interdisciplinary Global Monitoring.
PI: L. Rothstein, University of Rhode Island (FY01)