During the month of March, the NOPP Office provided support to the Interagency Working Group on Facilities and Infrastructure (IWG-FI) as they continued to focus on fleet status and modernization. The NOPP Office continued to provide support to the NOPP committee on their work developing partnership opportunities and assisting fledgling NOPP projects with organization and outreach.
The NOPP Office attended:
- House Committee on Natural Resources Legislative Hearing on H.R. 4576, Ensuring Access to Pacific Fisheries Act
- House Committee on Science, Space and Technology Hearing on An Overview of the Budget Proposal for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration for Fiscal Year 2017
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation Hearing on The State of the U.S. Maritime Industry: The Federal Role
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship Hearing on The Impacts of Federal Fisheries Management on Small Businesses
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works Hearing on the 2016 Water Resources Development Act – Policies and Projects
- Consortium for Ocean Leadership’s 2016 Public Policy Forum, Science and Solutions for a Resilient Ocean
The NOPP Office welcomes a new team member, Brian Zane, as our Website Content Manager.